Join the multi award winning drivers’ team
1. Process of joining Carrot Cars
It is easy to join Carrot Cars. Just follow these simple steps:
- Learn carefully about our company on our website. We don’t want you to have any unexpected surprises later on
- Fill out our Driver Application – this will take around 10 – 15 minutes
- The application process includes a short and easy test. Once you have passed the test and our criteria, you will be able to book yourself into the training session, without having to talk to anyone. We will ask you to pay the training fee when making the booking, to guarantee your place in our training. You will learn more about our training charges in Section 10
- After the successful completion of training (more details in Section 9) you can start work immediately
2. Open Shift & Fixed Shift
Fixed Shift driver
- Each shift is 8 hours long and includes one 1-hour break
- Minimum: 5 shifts per week (You can always work more days if you choose to do so)
- You can choose between morning, evening or night shifts (Subject to availability)
To maximise your income, Carrot Cars will choose your starting and finishing times and your days off
You are allowed to work longer than your shift times and come to work on your days off (As long as it fits the requirement of the law and safety measures)
Open Shift Driver
- You can work as little or as much as you like.
- You will receive daily text messages, with predicted busy and quiet times for the following day. This allows you to maximise your income, if you follow those predictions
3. What do we require from you
- English Language – Fluent
- High level of customer service skills
- High level of uniform standards
- Understanding the importance of good hygiene and cleanliness
- Always being well groomed
- Positive attitude
- Good knowledge of London’s streets and landmarks
- Safe and smooth driving skills
- Suitable vehicle
4. What is there for you?
- 24/7 support centre – you can call
- Dedicated Driver Manager
- 100% fair job dispatch
- Undoubtedly the best clientele in the UK. Polite and humble customers
- Opportunity to make a very good income
- We pay for account jobs weekly. You can choose to be paid by cash or bank transfer
5. Your income expectation
Your income depends largely on your performance and experience.
Fixed Shift driver
If you are a fixed shift driver then you can maximise your income by sticking to your shift times. It also makes a difference if you are coming to work 10-15 minutes before your shift starts and finishing later if you see that it is still busy!
Drivers, who concentrate on giving a great customer service – can make up to 20% extra income from tips. However, the tips should always be seen as a kind gesture from your customers, not an expectation!
Average income prediction:
- 10h = £150
- 25h = £375
- 50h = £750
- 65h = £900
- 10h = £180
- 25h = £450
- 50h = £885
- 65h = £1135
6 seater (MPV)
- 10h = £165
- 25h = £412
- 50h = £825
- 65h = £990
Open Shift driver
You will receive daily text messages, which include predictions for the next day’s busy and quiet periods. If you come to work in the busy times then you will make a good income, but if you decide to come in quiet times, then your income will be significantly lower.
Working only a few hours per week won’t make you rich. Open Shift requires a great deal of self-discipline and willingness to work more hours.
It is also strongly advised not to take any weekends off, as this is always one of the busiest times of the week to make money.
6. Example of Carrot Cars’ fares
- E14 – Heathrow: £55
- E14 – Gatwick: £66
- E14 – W1: £25
- E14 – Heathrow: £80
- E14 – Gatwick: £96
- E14 – W1: £35
Please note that all MPV/6 Seater jobs are fare and a half from the standard jobs. This rate applies for jobs with 5 or 6 passengers.
Customers are responsible for all airport parking fees.
Customers who are booking via the Customer app are applicable for 10% discount.
Prices may vary for a different account and contract holders.
7. Commission and charges
As a welcome bonus — first week will be free of charge. (Excludes jobs’ commissions) (Up to first Monday after Training)
Fixed Shift Driver
- Commission: 22.2% incl. VAT – per each job
App fee: £24 incl. VAT per week
- Circuit rent: £90 incl. VAT per week (Fully refunded if you complete 5 shifts)
Bonus payments for Fixed Shift Driver
- £18 paid to you for each completed shift Monday to Friday
- £24 paid to you for each completed shift Saturday and/or Sunday
If you work 5 shifts = £90 bonus
If you work 6 shifts = £114 bonus
If you work 7 shifts = £138 bonus
Open Shift Driver
- Commission 26.4% incl. VAT – per job
- £199 incl. VAT – Monthly fee. (First month free.) This fee can be credited back to you — please see; “Bonus payments for Open Shift Driver” below!
Bonus payments for Open Shift Driver
If you work the following hours over 4 weeks period (aka: p4w.).
- 100 to 150 hours p4w. = £100 incl VAT
- 151 to 200 hours p4w. = £150 incl VAT
- 201 hours or more p4w. = £200 incl VAT
You will also receive a 1 point = £1 per each job that you will complete, on the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 4 am – 7:55 am & 3 pm – 6:55 pm
- Saturday: 4 am – 7:55 am & 3 pm – 11:59 pm
- Sunday: Whole day and night (24 h)
Once you have collected your 200 points, we will pay you £200. (Two hundred pounds)
Executive Driver only
- Car MIFI (AKA WIFI) £6.00 incl VAT per week
- Universal phone charger for your customers: £12 incl. VAT, one off purchase
- Evian water bottles for your customers: £4.80 incl. VAT, per 12 bottles, continuous purchase
- Executive training: £25 incl. VAT – one off charge.
8. Security Deposit
What is the deposit for?
As Carrot Cars has lots of cash jobs, there are many weeks when a driver owes money to the company, not vice versa. The security deposit ensures that any outstanding balances are covered if the driver decides to resign.
The driver will also receive our company’s belongings, such as company’s tie, badges, name board, car WIFI etc.
Security deposit amount is £200 (Payable on the training day) Deposit will be refunded within 14 days after your last job with our company, presuming that you don’t have any outstanding balance and all the company’s belongings have been returned.
9. Carrot Cars Driver Training
As Carrot Cars has been built on the reputation of great customer service, to maintain this reputation, we must ensure that all of our drivers follow the same service standards.
- Customer service excellence
- Safe behaviour and safe driving
- Carrot Cars rules, regulations and protocol
- How to deal with difficult situations
- Our technology – Driver app – card payments, etc.
- Service areas and airport procedures
- Communication skills
- How to maximise your income
- Baby seat installation
- Different client expectations: Residents, Hotels, Restaurants, Banks, etc.
- Uniform and vehicle standards
- Knowledge lesson
Test at the end of the training:
- Safe driving skills
- Knowledge of the major landmarks, and topographical skill
- Vehicle condition check
- Everything that was taught to you in the training
Please note that the minimum pass rate for the test is 80%. Some points in the test may lead to immediate failure, such as a bad vehicle condition etc.
Unfortunately we won’t be able to offer you the position if you fail the test. In some cases we allow you to attend the training again and take the test again, however this depends on the individual failure rate.
PS: 90% of the applicants have passed the test so far
Training session timescale and availability
Training is held on every:
- Monday 10 am – 6 pm
- Thursday 10 am – 6 pm
Each of the training have limited spaces and will be booked – first booked, first served basis
After the successful competition of the training and the tests, you can start working immediately
See training fees in Section 10 .
10. Training Fee
£75 incl. VAT – if prepaid onlineFree for the limited time
- To reschedule the already booked training, will cost £25 incl. VAT
- Training fee is not refundable under any circumstance!
Why do I need to attend to the training? See Section 9 about Carrot Cars Driver Training.
An additional training fee applies for Executive Driver training. Please see Section 13 to learn more about Executive Driver option.
11. Your Vehicle requirements
Please note that Carrot Cars does not offer any company cars. You are allowed to work with a rented car, as long as it meets our requirements
Minimum vehicle criteria
- No older than 2012 reg.
- No damages inside or outside of the vehicle. (Including minor scratches)
- Free of any unpleasant odour or smell
- All vehicle parts must be 100% in working order
- Vehicle must have an air conditioner
List of cars, which are not suitable for Carrot Cars clients:
- Honda Insight
- Vauxhall Zafira
- Mercedes CLS
- Audi A7
- Audi A5
- BMW 6 Series
Please note that we keep the right to decline some other vehicle types, which are not in this list
The VW Touran is accepted as an estate car, not as an MPV (6 seaters)
12. Vehicle Types
Please note that Carrot Cars does not offer any company cars. You are allowed to work with a rented car as long as meets our requirements.
- Saloon car: Standard jobs
- MPV/6 seater: Standard jobs, MPV jobs and Estate jobs
- Estate car: Standard jobs and Estate jobs
- Executive car: Standard jobs, Executive jobs (Executive jobs will be given only to drivers who have an Executive status. Please see Executive Driver below for more information)
Accepted Executive Vehicle Types:
- Mercedes E, S Class
- BMW 5, 7 Series
- Jaguar XF, XJ
- Audi A6, A8
Please note that all executive cars must have leather interior and cannot be older than 3 years.
List of cars which are not suitable for Carrot Cars clients:
- Honda Insight
- Vauxhall Zafira
- Mercedes CLS
- Audi A7
- Audi A5
- VW Caddy
- BMW 6 Series
13. Executive Driver
Please note that having an executive car does not automatically give you the “Executive Driver” status. You must complete the standard Carrot Cars driver training first and then complete a minimum of 60 standard jobs, before you can apply.
If your application is successful then you will be required to attend to “Executive Driver” training, which takes 2 hours.
Please note that even with an “Executive Driver” status, you still must complete the standard jobs along with the executive jobs.
Vehicle must be no older than 2015.
14. Carrot Cars Advertisement sticker on your car
All vehicles must display a Carrot Cars sticker on the back window, while working. Replacement stickers are available for £6 incl. VAT, each. The first sticker is given free of charge.
15. Uniform standards
All Carrot Cars drivers must follow the uniform standards.
- Full dark suit (Matching jacket and trousers)
- White shirt (Ironed, long sleeves, no stripes or markings)
- Carrot Cars tie (Provided on your first day)
- Formal black shoes
- The first button of the shirt must always be closed
- Shirt, suit and shoes must fit perfectly
- Your uniform must be immaculately clean at all times
16. Carrot Cars service areas
Although Carrot Cars can pick up anywhere in London (if customers are willing to pay for the dead mileage), our official service areas are:
- Canary Wharf – E14 (Main service area)
- Wapping – E1
- Excel Centre – City Airport – E16
- The City of London – EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4
- Central London & Holborn – W1, EC1, EC2
- Waterloo & Southbank – SE1 (New)
- London City
PS: We do not recommend joining Carrot Cars if you live far away from our service areas, as this will increase your fuel expenses and commuting time significantly
17. Our technology
All the jobs will be dispatched to you via App, which will be downloaded into your smartphone.
Driver App allows you to:
- Receive jobs
- Add charges such as VIA points and parking
- Automatically calculate the waiting charge
- Take credit/debit card payments
- Communicate with the control room
- Log off from your shift, go on break
- Navigate automatically to the pickup, via point or to the destination
- Choose your preferred navigation map system
- Send automated text message to the customer to inform about your arrival.
- Call customers straight from your phone
- See the fares
Driver online portal allows you:
- To log-in at anytime to see your completed jobs
- To see all the charges
- Send feedback to your driver manager
Customer App allows:
- Book ASAP and in advance
- Choose preferred vehicle type
- Enter flight details for airport booking (Activates the automated flight monitoring system)
- Choose to pay cash or card
- Use multiple accounts
- To see your (driver) position on the map
- See the fares
- Get automated email receipts
- Rate your performance
- You will also receive weekly statements via email
Our control centre is open 24/7/365. You can always call if you need assistance.
Driver Managers office is open Mon – Fri: 9 am – 7 pm
18. How do we handle the information about you?
Carrot Cars are follow a strict protocol for data protection. We won’t share your personal, financial or work-related information with any third party or establishment.
The only information given out is the standard requirements by the London Taxi & Private Hire Authority, which requires informing the customer who has booked the car of your name, driver number, vehicle details and your mobile number.
Please note that the certain authorities can overrule the data protection protocol of our company – this includes court judges, police, etc.
19. Resignation period
The minimum notice period is 14 days.
As a new driver, you can resign without any notice, within your first two weeks with Carrot Cars.
20. About Carrot Cars
As of 1st November 2009
- We complete on average 6500 jobs weekly
- One of the highest rated companies in London
- Winner at the “London Transport Awards 2015”
- Winner of “The Wharf Innovation In Business Awards 2016”
- Finalist: “Professional Driver QSI Awards 2016”
- Residents of Canary Wharf and the surrounding areas
- Hotels 4* & 5*
- Top restaurants
- Company Accounts: Banks, private companies etc.
We are happy to answer any of your questions. Just send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you into our team.